Skip to main content

This is a Man's World; Patriarchy

An example of a patriarchy society is where men hold the control and make all the rules and women stay home and care for the kids. An example of a patriarchy is when family name comes from the man in the family. Patriarchal society perpetuates toxic masculinity, which perpetuates, sexual assault, sexual aggression, substance abuse, negative mental health, domestic violence and negative parenting techniques and expectations. This is me with my daughter, when I was involved with my daughters father, he had all the control, this was subtle in the manner in which it occurred. Some of the things that pertain to the above mentioned that I lived was I didn't work, and I wasn't encouraged to be independent or wear makeup. I stayed home with my baby girl and didn't do anything else other than take care of her. I was involved in a toxic relationship with a heavy emphasis on masculinity. 



Comments